We are currently working with a Not-for-Profit to recruit a HR Officer. This is a 12 month fixed term position paying £34,000, local government pension scheme, plus hybrid working.
Our Not-for-Profit client services the local area of Cambridge offering a fantastic benefits package to their staff.
- Building a strong relationship with managers to support the effective implementation of HR policies and procedures, developing a culture of supportive and challenging leadership across the organisation.
- Advising and supporting managers with absence management cases, leading on process, Occupational Health referrals and written accounts of reviews to ensure staff and management are clear on the process.
- Supporting with recruitment.
- Advising and supporting managers with investigations, disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Advising and facilitating in situations of change where there are HR implications.
- Supporting the Staff Development.
- Keeping up to date with employment law ensuring all HR activities are compliant.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality over employee records, data and information to ensure full compliance within the Data Protection Act, whilst accommodating the Freedom of Information Act.
- Supporting the HR Administrators with the completion of administration for the HR Service.
- Hold full/part CIPD qualification, Degree HNC/HND or equivalent level qualification or considerable HR experience.
- Significant experience of providing professional advice and guidance to managers and staff in the full range of HR issues.
- Knowledge and skills in developing HR policies and procedures Experience of contributing to successful projects/initiatives.
- IT Skills - able to use word, excel, e-mail and internet to a competent level.
- Experience of working with employee representatives and trade unions.
- Flexible approach to working hours when necessary as occasional evening or Saturday working may be required.
- Knowledge of best practice in dealing with recruitment & selection, disciplinary, capability, absence and restructuring situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and data protection.
- Knowledge of Safer Recruitment requirements and the ability to implement knowledge.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
£34,000 - £34,500.
12 month fixed term contract.
27 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
Local Government Pension Scheme.
37 hours per week.
Hybrid working (3 days in the office.)
Free Parking onsite.
Free use of Gym onsite.
Discount beauty/spa treatments onsite.
Access to Occupational Health.
Onsite canteen and coffee house.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this fixed term contract vacancy.