An SME that have just gone through a very exciting sale to be backed by a PE House are now looking to professionalise and bolster their HR function with the appointment of a no.1 in HR position of HR Manager/Head of HR.
This is a great time to be joining this organisation and working with the CEO and COO to create and implement an HR Strategy that really helps to drive this business forward. The business has not previously had a dedicated HR individual at this level so this role will suit someone that knows what best practice looks like and perhaps now wants to take full ownership for the HR function in a smaller organisation or who enjoys the challenge of showing an organisation what a successful HR function can truly do.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing and driving the people strategy: improving engagement, sick and retention rates. Looking at sucession plans, coaching and development tools to help support growth.
- Establish HR processes and standards according to best practice and in line with the latest rules and regulations.
- Look at the way recruitment is currently being done and work with the business to find savings and more efficient processes.
- Work closely with the board to review organisation structure and performance and reward.
- Provide advice to the management team on all aspects of HR including ER, specific cases, employment law, company policy and procedure, equal ops and other legislation.
- D&I - continuing to build and innovate our culture and engagement to create a great place to work.
To be successful in this role you will be a proven HR Manager with strong emotional intelligence. You will be pragmatic, have a genuine interest in people and culture improvement and be able to work closely with the board.
You will need strong working knowledge of UK employment law, recruitment, rewards and performance management.
You will have a professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent).