We are currently supporting a Not-for-Profit in Coventry to recruit an Interim Head of Procurement. This role will be for an initial 6 months. The role is offering the option to either be salaried on a fixed term basis or day rate option (inside IR35). Our client will also consider candidates looking for part time.
Our Not-for-Profit client in Coventry has been in service for almost 35 years. They pride themselves on excellent fundraising, advocacy and research. We have had the pleasure of recruiting for this organisation before and can evidence staff that have been with the business for over 10 years.
Head of Procurement:
- Improve and deliver a Procurement Strategy in line with the organisation's objectives and target, taking into consideration risk and governance.
- Oversee a small Procurement function.
- Work with stakeholders to establish an approved group of suppliers for the Charity and subsidiary, compliant with Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- Develop and embed a procurement compliance framework.
- Prepare reports on procurement activity including delivery of the strategy.
- Integrate corporate social responsibility (CSR) and ethical supply chain management into procurement policy and practice.
- Ensure that a tender pipeline is in place, that contracts due for renewal are known, and that appropriate resources are assigned to support internal stakeholders in tenders.
- Own the Procurement Policy.
Head of Procurement:
- Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified. Qualified by experience will also be considered.
- It is essential you have previous public procurement experience and have a strong understanding of Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- You must have previous line management experience.
- It is important you are comfortable working in a leadership role, but have the willingness to work operationally within procurement and contracts.
- You will be a strong communicator and have previous experience regularly meeting with key internal and external stakeholders.
- It is essential you can provide working examples previous ownership of a Procurement Strategy.
£55,000 - £60,000 OR Day rate (inside IR35)
Company Car Allowance £6000
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to work scheme
25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Option to purchase or sell additional annual leave
Hybrid Working model (site based/home working role)
Ideally two days in an office base (1x Coventry / 1x Site nearer home)
Free Gym Membership
Free Parking at their Coventry office and all other sites in the Midlands
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this fixed term contract vacancy.