We are excited to be working with an outstanding Life Sciences organisation in Cambridgeshire and have the opportunity to secure them a new Interim Head of Supply Chain. (9-12 month contract)
This is a newly created role which directly reports into the Director of Scientific Operations and has a dotted line into the Chief Financial Officer.
As the Head of Supply Chain it is crucial that you have strong technical experience, be willing to work hands-on in implementing and developing a new manual solution, as well as being heavily involved in a new systems implementation. Change management experience would be ideal.
You will be managing the end to end internal supply chain, via procurement/warehousing/stock-holding.
A large part of your role will be to liaise with different functional areas as the current forecasting is not standardised, therefore, you will embed a workable short-term solution to join up requirements to ensure it is made to work effectively across the whole supply chain.
Duties and responsibilities as the Interim Head of Supply chain:
- Have responsibility for all supply chain duties, for ex. Business systems support, raw material sourcing, logistics, warehouse management.
- Liaising with functional managers to assure vertical and horizontal process integration in securing a seamless supply of product.
- Have full ownership of the internal supply chain and partnering with the Procurement and Stores department
- Create management visibility of supply chain issues with risks and constraints through reporting and KPIs
- Drive effective communication channels to ensure accurate information and communicate critical issues to the management and production team.
- Partner with other teams to create and manage risk mitigation
- Support in managing the consumables budget and assist in developing standard products and their associated standard costs.
- Analysing data and developing recommendation for presentation to the senior management
In exchange is a highly competitive salary or day rate and the view to start early on the New Year.
If you are immediately available and believe you could be a good fit for the role, please apply.