You will lead all cyber security activities in support of functional priorities, such as strategic plans, initiatives, and organisational development processes. IT Security will be charged with maximising the effective operation of the cybersecurity function with respect to workflow, scheduling, staffing, budget, communications, and events.
This is a growing organisation built on solid foundations and motivated by doing this properly. They invest in their people and their tech and have achieved great success following their model.
IT Security and Strategy
- Provides expertise and operational guidance to the IT Director Hilton Services and develops detailed work plans for the completion of tasks
- Lead and coordinate activities in support of cybersecurity priorities, to include the development and implementation of functional and organisational processes and procedures in support of functional and organisational goals
- Prepares detailed operating and financial reports in support of functional and strategic issues
- Reviews personnel actions, creates necessary ad hoc reports, leads briefings, creates presentations, authors speeches, and is responsible for responses to a variety of organisational and strategic issues
- First point of contact for the project managers on IT Security projects that are key to functional and strategic success.
- Conducts project status updates to IT Leadership (ITL) in support of Hilton Foods IT Security and business objectives.
Communication and Training
- Organises training and development initiatives for IT and cybersecurity staff.
- Counsels, coaches, and aids in the development of IT and cybersecurity staff.
- Manages any IT security team members.
- Operational point of contact for the Hilton Foods Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- Reviews all network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis reports sourced from multiple Computer Network Defence (CND) tools, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, Host-Based Security System (HBSS), etc and leads of escalation, rectification and improvements as appropriate
- Raises, Reviews, and participates in change requests providing authorisations and change tracking through to implementation
- Identifies security trends across all Hilton Foods networks, recommending accurate application if IT Resources and Security expenditure.
- Lead the review of technical incident reports making recommendations on process improvement, specific or general training and the evolution of network infrastructure.
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents.
- Compliments the MSSP to include mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
- Supports the testing of new computers, software, switch hardware and routers before implementation to ensure Hilton Foods Security Policies are adhered to.
- Leads the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans from an IT security point of view, to include conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WHO ….
- Has the accessibility and ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and roles in the company.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has good judgment, a sense of urgency and has demonstrated commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
- Is instinctive and creative.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Self-motivated and possessing of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity.
- Highest ethical standards and values.
- Has demonstrable positive influencing skills to modify opinions, plans, or behaviours.
- Understands the needs of the business and is committed to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service.
- Has strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate.
upto 80K on offer with a bonus scheme upto 20% plus many other benifits.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.