I am currently recruiting an IT Support Technician to join one of EA-Firsts long standing clients.
This Organization is a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK, they are looking to recruit an IT support Technician to join the already established support team at the Cambridge at the Headquarters.
As part of the IT Services department, the primary objective of this role is to deliver a high-quality support service to the company's community. This is principally a customer facing role rotating within the schools and Head Office (based in Cambridge). Therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on quality customer service are essential. Technicians will typically operate as part of the larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1 support calls and BAU activities within the support service.
Main duties include:
- Technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad base level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st and some 2nd line support functions for routine support issues.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required
- Escalate difficult or intractable problems to more senior staff for resolution. Where possible they should also be involved in resolution activities for more difficult problems in order to improve their experience and develop their skills.
- Provide high quality technical support employees across a broad range of technologies
- Periodic out of hours working and provision of remote support will be required to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international organisation spread across multiple time zones
- Complete regular IT "Business as usual" (BAU) operations and checks such as backups and status checks, printer operations, and other reactive or proactive support and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure stability, security, and performance of the infrastructure
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard
- Ensure the digital security and safety of staff, students, systems, and data at all times
- Technicians will, when working on projects, typically be responsible for a completing the rollout or implementation of a work package, or activity under the technical guidance of a Systems Administrator or Technician.
- Project implementation work must be completed to tight schedules and the highest levels of accuracy.
- The technology base is the Microsoft platform so knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365 along with good hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills are essential.
- For reference Infrastructure technologies are also Microsoft Server Technologies (Server, IIS, MS SQL Server, Exchange, 365 and Teams), along with the supporting systems (AD, DHCP and DNS) and desktop technologies.
- Network systems include Citrix services, NetScaler, virtualisation, cloud computing and Meru wireless networks.
If this role fits your skill set and you would like to know more information, then please either call Damian Bicknell on 01223298159 or apply to the vacancy.