Join an esteemed educational institution as an IT Support Technician! As part of the dedicated IT Services team, the role involves playing a crucial part in providing high-quality support to a school in Bournemouth Reporting directly to the IT Operations Manager, the successful candidate will support various devices, including Apple and Windows 10, ensuring a smooth IT experience for staff and students.
This organistion is a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide programmes including A Level, IB and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to a growing number of international students seeking to win places at UK universities.
This role is based on two sites in the Bournemouth/Pool area providing Prep and Secondary education to both local and overseas students
- Technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad base level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st and 2nd line support functions for routine support issues.
- To be responsible for the IT functions at their school. Taking responsibility to ensure both pro-active and re-active work is scheduled and delivered within SLAs.
- Strong technical skills within Windows and Apple operating systems. Staff and students are all issued with an iPad that is managed by the IT Team. We also operate with Windows 10 desktops and Laptops.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required.
- Be able to own or escalate difficult or intractable problems to more senior staff for resolution. Where possible they should also be taking the lead to solve more complex support requests and expanding their overall IT knowledge.
- Periodic out of hours working and provision of remote support will be required to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international organisation spread across multiple time zones.
- Complete regular IT "Business as usual" (BAU) operations and daily checks such as comms room status checks, printer operations and other support and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure stability, security and performance of the infrastructure.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensure the digital security and safety of staff, students, systems and data at all times.
- Support Technicians are the link between their school and the IT Team, so regular meetings with their school's Senior Leadership Team members are expected in order to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Report to CGS Project Management function on all aspects of project progress and delivery
- Report to CGS Senior Technical on all technical aspects of project delivery
- Where appropriate deliver the implementation of a particular work package or project activity
- Work under supervision or independently as required
- Technicians will, when working on projects, typically be responsible for a completing the rollout or implementation of a work package, or activity under the technical guidance of a Systems Administrator or Technician.
- Project implementation work must be completed to tight schedules and the highest levels of accuracy.
- The technology base is the Microsoft platform so knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365 along with good hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills are essential.
Main Technologies Used
- Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- Office 365 including Teams, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Microsoft WDS device imaging
- PDQ Deployment software
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure/Office 365 administration suite
- Apple iPads
- JAMF (iPad MDM solution)
- Apple School Manager
- Fortinet WiFi/Access Points
- Lightspeed web filtering
- Papercut "follow me" printing
If this role is somethiing of inerest please apply or reach out to Damian on 01223298159
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.