I am looking to recruit a Senior IT Technitian to join a growing organisation working within the education sector, for their large site in Cambridge
This organisation a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide programmes including A Level, IB and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to a growing number of international students seeking to win places at UK universities.
As part of the IT Services department, the primary objective of this role is to deliver a high-quality support service to the comapny Community. Therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on quality customer service are essential. Senior technicians will typically operate as part of the larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1, 2 and some level 3 support calls and BAU activities within the support service. The expected working hours will be defined in the contract, however, for guidance it will be between 8am-5.30pm for example, 8am to 4.30pm or 9am 5.30pm
- The role of the Senior Support Technician is to lead their site from an IT support perspective and to provide guidance and leadership to less senior members of the greater Support Team.
- An understanding or keen interest in 3rd line operations. For example, good, practical understanding of networks and MS server technology. Please note this is not a 3rd line role but is ideal for those looking to expand their knowledge within an IT environment.
- The Senior Support Technician on site will be expected to work closely with our Infrastructure Team and be expected to assist on 3rd line issues where appropriate.
- Senior support technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support functions for routine support issues.
- To actively develop skills and receive development advice, training and mentoring from more senior staff.
- To be responsible for developing their technical skills in each area of technology, under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager. At this level technical specialism is not required, although Senior Technicians will be encouraged to identify prospective areas of interest where their development should be focussed.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required. Taking responsibility to ensure that support requests are dealt with following IT procedures and within set SLAs.
- Be able to own or escalate difficult or intractable problems to more senior staff for resolution. Where possible they should also be taking the lead to solve more complex support requests and expanding their overall IT knowledge.
- Provide high quality technical support to CGS employees across a broad range of technologies
- Periodic out of hours working and provision of remote support will be required to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international organisation spread across multiple time zones
- Complete regular IT "Business as usual" (BAU) operations and checks such as daily data centre checks, backups and status checks, printer operations, and other reactive or proactive support and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure stability, security and performance of the infrastructure
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard
- Ensure the digital security and safety of staff, students, systems and data at all times
- Be part of a rota to provide 24/7 out of hours IT support to the business. Usually this falls around one week in eight.
- Ideally a seasoned IT support technician, looking to take a step up
- A keen interest in IT with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills
- Excellent people skills
- Pragmatic and flexible in approach
- Attention to detail
- Honest, open and inclusive personal style
- Professional, mentally resilient and calm under pressure
- Takes ownership
- Looks for a solution
- Goes the extra mile
- Follows-up & follows through
- 'Can-do' Attitude
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to find out more detail then please apply.