This is an opportunity to join an industry leading team at the cutting edge of quantum technology. As senior / lead Software Engineer you will take responsibility for designing and implementing software tools and functionality to enable experimental science, prototype engineering and product development.
This organisation is still in the R&D stage its a small but brilliant multi-disciplinied team turning leading research in to high value market defining solutions. They are on a mission to shape the future of quantum information systems and have a number of high profile backers to help them do that.
As senior or lead software engineer, you will take responsibility for designing and implementing software tools and functionality to enable experimental science, prototype engineering and product development at the cutting edge of quantum technology.
- Develop software in Python and C/C++ to interface with both proprietary and third-party hardware and scientific equipment
- Develop real-time control software to enable quantum networking systems
- Develop simple graphical interfaces for products, prototypes and experimental systems
- Maintain tested software infrastructure to support scientific and engineering R&D activities
- Define software requirements, prioritise requests from multiple projects and teams, and mentor or supervise less experienced team members
The organisation offer flexible hours and Hybrid working but you would be expected to be in the office at least 2 days a week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good degree in a numerate subject such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Developing software to interact with custom-designed electronic hardware and test equipment
- Developing real-time software for embedded microcontrollers and more complex embedded systems running Linux OS
- Adapting or extending open-source or other legacy software projects
- Using version control and workflow management tools, and releasing software solutions within commercial projects
- Delivering high quality, tested code with review and continuous integration processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, proactive thinking, and a positive mindset
£65,000 to £75,000 plus IP bonus scheme and EMI Option scheme
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.