EA First is currently recruiting for a Logistics Engineer to provide business analysis support for process & solution design as well as getting involved in the key delivery of projects within the distribution network.
The role allows for flexible working however will require the successful candidate to work out of Coleshill, Birmingham.
EA First are working with one of the fastest growing 3PL providers in the UK. The organisation are one of kind and they have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 18months.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and update warehouse layouts to meet the needs of new customers.
- Present solutions to customers as needed.
- Collaborate with project management to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into the operational environment.
- Manage operational infrastructure and conduct user acceptance testing for business integration.
- Enhance and maintain company headcount analysis tools to assess the impact of changes on the business.
- Prepare summary reports for operations managers and customers.
- Possess knowledge of headcount calculation methodology and experience using standard databases and timings.
- Measure standard time and actively work towards reducing it.
- Continuously review warehouse layout and infrastructure to maximise space utilisation.
- Act as the main point of contact for change requests from operations and Kaizen managers.
- Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, and key performance indicators for business units.
- Evaluate industry best practices, such as inventory tracking technology, web-based warehousing software, and intelligent conveyor systems to improve DC efficiency.
- May need to travel for projects outside of the UK.
- Collaborate with health and safety teams to ensure designs comply with H&S legislation and company procedures.
The Logistics Engineer will require the following experience:
- Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject and at least 5 years of proven experience in logistics engineering, solutions design or project management
- Capable of conducting process analysis and timing studies and updating standard headcount models based on the findings.
- Able to understand and assess the impact of new process requirements and provide recommendations and results.
- Familiarity with material flows and requirements for Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Proficient in IT skills, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- Strong ability to interpret large data-sets, draw conclusions, and present findings.
- Demonstrated experience in lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Possession of a Green belt or Black belt certification is advantageous.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the organisation regarding process and stock issues.
- Within commutable distance to Coleshill, Birmingham.
£50,000 - £55,000 + an incredible benefits package
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.