My client are a leading aerospace manufacturing business who are looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to take ownership of the warehouse and inventory operations teams within the DC.
You will utilise your knowledge and vision to create strategies that enable the site to efficiently utilise space, effectively receive materials, work with procurement, provide seamless responses to the manufacturing line and streamline incoming and outbound logistics.
Global Aerospace manufacturing business based in Wolverhampton.
- Liaise with senior leadership to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Inbound and outbound logistics operations
- Materials management and inventory control
- Business strategy and optimisation
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Proven experience of managing a logistics operational team within Aerospace, Automotive or Manufacturing
- Able to demonstrate a track record of idea creation and implementing change.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
- Progressive experience performing professional level operational and plant management duties, preferably in automotive or logistics industry.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to top management and customer.
- Proficient use of software applications such as word, Excel, PowerPoint and Accesses. Data analyses, SAP or other electronic logistical inventory management systems is a requirement.
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas.
- A strong team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members.
- Within commutable distance to Wolverhampton.
£50,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.