Do you have experience of leading a team within a warehouse or manufacturing environment?
An exciting opportunity for a Logistics Supervisor has become available within an established company in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
This is a full-time, permanent position within a business that offers excellent benefits, training and development.
The role would be to maintain and design the production support activities and develop and manage a team of operatives to assist the business functions.
- Lead daily team meetings and offer continuous improvement initiatives
- Motivate the team to ensure goals are met
- Ensure all team members are working safely
- Perform appraisals within your team
- Responsibility for training and hiring of new starters
- Offer coaching, mentoring and feedback to team
- Manage the daily operation of the box cutting team
- Manage team resources correctly
- Manage supply of material
- Ensure all maintenance and cleaning is complete
- Manage forklift and pallet truck fleet
- Manage the goods in function within the business
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Leadership experience within a warehouse/stores/logistics function (essential)
- Experience of improving quality and performance
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Flexible approach to management
- Knowledge of CMMS systems (desirable)
- Experience of Nesting programs, Kanbans and AX workflows (desirable)
- Previous experience of LEAN Manufacturing (desirable)
- Experience of stock control principles (desirable)
Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.30pm & Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm
Contributed Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care and Group Income Protection.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.