Our client, a leading logistics and warehousing company based in Coalville, is looking for a Maintenance Engineer Shift Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, an innovative approach, and experience working in an automated warehouse operation.
Our client, a leading logistics and warehousing company based in Coalville, is looking for a Maintenance Engineer Shift Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, an innovative approach, and experience working in a warehouse operation.
The key responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer Shift Manager based in Coalville are as follows.
- Oversee a team of resident maintenance technicians to consistently and effectively meet contractual KPIs within set time lines and budget constraints.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and continuous development to the team while instilling core values and behaviours, ensuring they deliver with consistency and punctuality.
- Support the identification and implementation of opportunities for Continuous Improvement and offer performance feedback.
- Manage the Health and Safety calendar, conduct risk assessments, and establish safe work procedures to integrate H&S standards into maintenance tasks, modifications, and new equipment.
- Supervise the maintenance calendar to ensure that all standard maintenance procedures (SOPs) meet ISO 55000 standards, enhancing plant performance and reliability.
- Contribute to site performance audits and challenge current maintenance strategies to maintain maximum value.
- Prioritise and plan Material Handling Equipment (MHE) repairs with minimal disruption in alignment with business requirements.
- Prioritise and plan facilities maintenance while minimising disruption to meet business needs.
- Manage legislative requirements related to maintenance, including refrigeration systems, sprinklers, and lifting equipment.
- Oversee engineering staff and non-staff budgets, seeking opportunities for cost savings.
- Conduct Personal Reviews (PRs) and Individual Training Needs Analyses (ITNAs) for team members.
- Manage the staff rota to ensure consistent site engineering coverage while considering costs.
- Achieve performance KPIs.
- Ensure comprehensive use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for Safety Critical Maintenance, accurate spare parts management, and scheduled maintenance.
- Review End of Shift Reports (EOS), investigate fault times and incidents, and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to reduce the risk of re-occurrence.
- Maintain all documentation related to safety and asset management in compliance with ISO 55000.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations, including COSHH, LOLER, PUWER, Electrical Inspection & Testing, and other legislative requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications for the role.
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership qualities.
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent stakeholder communication at all levels of the plant
- Understanding of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic technical manuals & drawings.
- Understands budgets P&L management.
- Experience of leading a maintenance team within a facilities/MHE environment
- Automation experience within a similar role.
- Level 3 in an Engineering subject
- IOSH managing safely/NEBOSH
- Experience in Facilities Maintenance
- Experience in MHE Maintenance
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Previously led a maintenance department
£42,000 - £45,000
Excellent training and development opportunities
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.