We are delighted to be partnering with a Not-for-Profit based in Wales to recruit a Management Accountant. This role is paying £43,500 + Local Government Pension Scheme (Defined Benefit) + Hybrid Working.
This Not-for-Profit organisation has their values at the heart of everything they do, Their priority is to ensure they empower their customers, communities and colleagues.
The organisation has recently reset their strategy, below are their three strategic commitments:
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Environmental Sustainability
- Support on the delivery of all strategic, corporate and operational aspects associated with the management and project accounting service across the operations directorate.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders to provide analysis of key financial information to support decision making process and identify areas of improvement to deliver value for money.
- Play a key role in supporting the members of the corporate management team to drive cultural and organisational change to achieve the overall business aims.
- Provide an innovative approach to the management accounting function, supporting a coaching culture, contributing to transformational change as well as continuous improvement.
- Lead the annual financial planning process across the operations directorate, communicating assumptions and challenging submissions.
- Responsible for the production the monthly management accounts for the operations directorate, including monthly forecasting and supporting budget holders to provide supporting commentary on performance against budget and forecast.
- Responsible for providing Treasury and business planning team with timely information to inform cash flow reports.
- Line management of one member of staff is required.
- Delegation and support to other members of the finance team.
- Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant (QBE or PQ will also be considered.)
- It is critical you are comfortable putting together a set of management accounts and leading with a directorate.
- Excellent communication skills are paramount to this role, you will be able to identify the suitable audience for sharing information and proactively share appropriate fact-based information in a balanced and timely manner.
- You will be a positive motivator with the ability to support others to deliver effective services, working autonomously whilst maintaining your own motivation levels.
- Ability demonstrating tenacity, resilience and strong attention to detail, taking a commercial approach to what you do.
- It is important you are a frequent user of Excel and comfortable with the functionality.
- Line management experience is not essential, but would be desirable.
Local Government Pension Scheme (Defined Benefit)
Flexible working pattern
25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 3 years service, plus bank holidays
Private Health Care
Enhanced maternity & paternity cover
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.