I am currently supporting a Not-for-Profit in Staffordshire to recruit a Management Accountant. This is a 6 month fixed-term contract paying up to £40,000. You will be required to work in the office at least 1 day per week.
As one of the largest providers of affordable care, employing almost 1,000 people, our client offers rewarding roles with excellent training and career development pathways delivering services that customers can trust. They offer free parking at all sites. Your one day in the office a week will ideally be at the Staffordshire office.
- Prepare financial statements, including statement of comprehensive income accounts, budgets, profiling, forecasting and variance analysis commentaries.
- Attend monthly meetings with budget holders to discuss and improve financial data, and to provide advice and support.
- Keep accurate financial records and undertake financial management of all accounts including income, grants, staff costs, operational expenditure and depreciation.
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in line with the financial regulations and standing orders.
- Take full responsibility for transactional accounts accruals and prepayments, the reconciliation and validation of the entries on the ledger.
- Prepare and oversee monthly bank reconciliations.
- Produce year-end financial statements and liaise with external auditors for your area.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or actively working towards an accountancy qualification with relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of maintaining, updating, and recording transactions for development projects.
- Understanding of UK GAAP and Financial Reporting Standards reporting.
- Computer skills: general IT skills and excellent working knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables, lookups etc).
- Strong belief in good internal and external customer service.
- Ideally you will hold a Full UK Driving Licence and access to own car.
£38,000 - £40,000 FTE.
6 month fixed-term contract.
1 day a week in the Staffordshire office.
Induction programme and excellent learning opportunities.
28 days holiday, increasing to 33 with each year of service (this includes 3 days over Christmas).
Contributory pension scheme.
Employee health care.
Eye care vouchers.
Cycle to work scheme.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.