We are recruiting for a Manual Machinist & Fitter to join a growing business on the outskirts of Ely, Cambridgeshire.
The Manual Machinist & Fitter will craft and machine the necessary parts for the machine builds, ensuring the highest standards are adhered to including repairs and modifications.
Working as part of a small team, duties will include:
- Machining of any parts required (Milling & Turning)
- Ensure only the highest quality of product is delivered
- Organise own tasks and time management
- Delegate tasks and time management responsibility for another team member
- Build and modify new and existing machinery
- Ensure both tooling and materials are kept in good working order
Knowledge and skills required include:
- Previous experience in milling and turning
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Ability to work to very tight tolerances
- Previous knowledge of pneumatic builds
- Knowledge of rotary table usage
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and good housekeeping
- Assembly experience of precision tooling (linear and rotary)
- Experience of surface grinding, tig welding, brazing, annealing and heat treatment (desirable)
- Monday to Friday between 6am-5pm (flexible) 7.5 working hours per day
- Overtime Available
- Annual Bonus, Group Pension Plan, 25 Days Holiday, Flexible Working Hours and Company Events.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.