Working within a highly advanced electro-mechanical manufacturing division, we're recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager who is a problem solver and critical thinker with a STEM background.
Focusing on product quality and overall operational excellence will be a priority in this varied position which combines functional and leadership elements. The Manufacturing Manager will play a key role in challenging current technologies and practices used in the businesses manufacturing unit and will bring new, innovative, and lean assembly techniques that streamline and standardise manufacturing throughput.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for a large multi-disciplinary workforce of skilled technicians and front-line leaders, this requires a collaborative leadership approach to implementing and facilitating continuous improvement initiatives.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Communicating goals and objectives to team members
- Set hiring strategies and ensuring performance appraisals are carried out along with any training requirements
- Developing strategies to promote adherence to company and industry best practice
- Ensuring the team follows all health and safety guidelines and that H&S concerns are dealt with promptly
- Conducting Return to Work interviews and invoke disciplinary actions when required
- Responsible for the Health & Safety and Fire Marshall duties for your work area and your team
- Working collaboratively to ensure best practice manufacturing and assembly operations
- Ensuring operational excellence in terms of People, Process, Product Quality and Efficiency, with particular focus on Visual Controls, Health and Safety, and associated accountability processes
- Daily review of production and quality metrics
- Working with shop floor leadership to establish up to date SOPs
- Conducting at least two Value Stream transformation projects annually
- Working closely with Planners to ensure accurate route times and clear production targets communicated to the team leaders
- Supporting the sales and technical support teams when customer issues arise and be the customer point of contact
Ideally, we're looking for a Manufacturing Manager who has the following:
- STEM related first degree (or equivalent), with proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead a team, with communication skills to effectively train, mentor and present new ideas
- An appreciation of LEAN manufacturing techniques, quality improvement and associated people strategies required to drive and sustain change
- A sound understanding of improvement techniques such as Value Stream and Process mapping and Visual Management systems
- An understanding of MRP/ERP data systems as applied to production
- Experienced in troubleshooting and finding root causes and solutions
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects
- Willing to travel to support customers and showcase products at trade shows
- Flexibility to adapt working hours on average two days each week
Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Group Income Protection, 25 days annual leave, Pension and more.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.