A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Manufacturing Team Leader to join an exciting company in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
If you have experience of leading a manufacturing team, are goal orientated and a strong team player this role could be for you.
Part of your position will be to lead and collaborate with operators to ensure a high-level quality of work is produced, adhering to the latest SOP's and ensuring daily maintenance checks are complete.
The company in which you are applying for are a leading designer and manufacturer within their market. Within this company there are great opportunities for individuals to grow their skillset and develop their career further with natural progression opportunities available.
- Leading an allocated team to achieve targets
- Coaching of allocated team with a hands-on approach to their development
- Problem solve any issues regarding quality, process and performance
- Support the shift supervisor to ensure a continuous flow of WIP
- Hands-on approach to training and mentoring colleagues
- Record and communicate accurate technical measurements and readings
- Help with recruitment and performance management
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Previous experience with training and mentoring colleagues
- A practical hands-on approach
- Previous experience in reading and understanding technical drawings
- Proven ability to solve problems effectively
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience within precision machining or an assembly environment
- Ideally knowledge of tooling, jigs, fixtures and SOP's
- Ideally knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, 5S workplace organisation and improvement programs.
Monday to Thursday 6.30am - 2.30pm
Friday 6am - 1pm
(39 working hours a week)
Contributed Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Group Income Protection
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.