- UK Manufacturing Business based in Birmingham looking to recruit an Operations Manager
- Excellent opportunity to progress and develop into a General Management role
- UK Manufacturing Business based in Birmingham looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead their warehousing and logistics teams.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing warehouse and production operations within the Birmingham facility.
Working closely with the Managing Director and head-office operations team, your responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment and management of an operating team of approx 20 - 40 heads.
- Management of the training plans and progression of the team through performance management and regular communication.
- Working closely with HR on managing site specific requirements including holding disciplinary and review meetings
- Ensuring systems and procedures are enforced and followed on site
- Monitoring the performance of logistics and warehouse operations
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer service are maintained at all times
- Working with the sales team to overcome any service issues
- Working closely with the stock manager to ensure stock integrity policies are fully managed on site
- Enforcing on-site H&S requirements and policy
- Ensuring that high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Overseeing and enforcing site security policies
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £2m.
- Experience of managing teams across multiple divisions; warehouse, factory, H&S and transport.
- You will be confident and able to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internal and external.
- You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and the highest level of customer service is non-negotiable.
- You should be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications
- Experience of Six Sigma / Prince2 methodologies.
- Must be commutable to and from Birmingham.
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.