EA First are partnering with a leading Accountancy Firm to recruit a Payroll specialist based either in Ipswich or Saxmundham. You will join a small, friendly and busy team, running multiple payrolls for a variety of clients who operate across a wide range of sectors including retail, the professions, charities and education.
The successful candidate:
- Payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Previous experience of payroll systems. Specific experience of any or all of the following would be helpful: Star payroll, Sage payroll, HMRC Basic Tools, BACS processing.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to work competently under pressure, to multi-task, and to maintain a flexible approach is essential.
- Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail. Will be self-motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
- Previous payroll experience within an accountancy or professional services practice would be helpful but is not essential.
- Good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent), or demonstrate a similar level of competence.
In reward you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, including ongoing training, flexible working, contributory pension, relocation packages if applicable, salary sacrifice schemes for additional holiday, pension and childcare vouchers.