EA First are working with a top 100 Regional Firm of Chartered Accountants who have a newly created Payroll opportunity in their Ipswich office. This newly created opening is due to growth and an increasing workload within the Payroll department.
In this varied role you will be working within a small, busy team, running multiple payrolls for a wide range of clients who operate in a variety of sectors.
The successful candidate:
- Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must have previous experience of payroll systems. Specific experience of any or all of the following would be helpful: Star payroll, Sage payroll, HMRC Basic Tools, BACS processing.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to work competently under pressure, to multi-task, and to maintain a flexible approach is essential.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Will be self-motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
- Previous payroll experience within an accountancy or professional services practice would be helpful, but is not essential.
What's on offer
- Attractive salary with many
- Strong benefits package
- In-house training
- Flexible working culture