In this 'hands on' physical role, you will be working as a key part of the production team, demonstrating an eye for quality and a can-do attitude.
A key part of your role will be to support the assembly team, ensuring areas are component ready for builds and testing. Previous experience of working within a manufacturing team or environment is desirable with a good level of mechanical aptitude.
Based in Ely, Cambridgeshire, this position is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
- Handling of varying size items with forklifts and other handling equipment
- Packing items for safe transit and shipment
- Picking correct components for the assembly teams
- Labelling of products accurately
- Upkeep and cleanliness of component storage area
- Ensuring component storage area is kept fully stocked
- Working to achieve scheduled manufacturing targets
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- Completed Counterbalance Lift Truck training
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Stores, Warehouse or Assembly experience within a precision machining/scientific assembly environment (Desirable)
- Previous experience to interpret and follow SOP's (Desirable)
- Awareness of LEAN manufacturing (Desirable)
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm
(39 working hours a week)
Contributed Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Group Income Protection
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this fixed term contract vacancy.