Partnered with a Logistics/Supply Chain focused organisation based in central Southampton, EA First are looking for experienced PMO Manager to be the face project governance, frameworks and processes across the organisation.
A new PMO function has been introduced and a team is being resourced to have direct responsibility to deliver those strategic goals.
The PMO Manager will be responsible for the definition, maintenance and monitoring consistent adherence to the standards of project management and process.
They will support the Portfolio Director through effective tracking and reporting of the portfolio of strategic and tactical projects to ensure successful project delivery.
They will assist with advising managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches, and act as the first point of contact for any PMO queries within the organisation.
The PMO Manager represents the PMO at relevant governance committees acting as the SME for the function and will think and act in the wider context and interests of the organisation. These interests include, but are not limited to, the contribution to the development and delivery of the overall strategy, marketplace, innovation, capability, and cultural development.
The PMO Manager will report into the Portfolio Director.
This PMO Manager role also requires the execution of broader duties to support the PMO and the completion of other projects, under the guidance of the Portfolio Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, documentation and metrics related to the practices involved in managing and implementing projects.
- Perform and put in place project assurance and governance to ensure PMO processes and standards are adhered to.
- Manage the project pipeline from feasibility to formal Project Initiation Documentation sign off, including the process to move through Stage Gates to secure funding at each stage.
- Assist in aligning Project Scope to the strategic objectives and highlight any misalignment. Providing guidance and support in the development of all project documentation, including business case development, and benefit realisation.
- Assist the Project Managers in the standardisation of the production and maintenance of project plans, risk and issue logs, and other project related actions in line with PMO activities.
- Through monitoring and tracking ensure Project Managers keep project finances up to date to enable accurate reporting and analyse financial data as appropriate.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure end to end project financial tracking, investment and returns signed off by the Strategic Change Board.
- Monitor progress and complete regular and timely reports on delivery and overall project status including reports to senior management on the performance of the portfolio. Develop portfolio reporting so that it provides the right level data analytics but also insights which lead to action being taking to improve the things which really matter to the business and the PMO function.
- Assist the Portfolio Director on keeping minutes any ad hoc or regular reports required for the Strategic Change Board, Executive or Investor Board.
- Responsible for ensuring project assurance by carrying out or commissioning project quality health checks.
- Understand and comply with company procedures and governance, working practices and look to continually improve and develop the PMO function through the identification and capture of lessons learned from MHG projects and the latest trends in good PMO practices.