This is an opportunity to join a highly experienced Layer 1 Team. Working with multiple teams globally to design and develop intergration software for Cellular Modems.
Global technology leader operating in the Internet of Things space.
As principal software engineer, you will work with a range of technical teams and be responsible for design, implementation, testing and maintenance of L1 within 4G and 5G mobile products. You will be expected to gain a broad system overview of 4G LTE and 5G NR and to use that to make a significant contribution to overall performance of mobiles through development and into the field.
- Design, implement and test components of Cellular Layer 1
- Integration L1 and PHY components into cellular systems
- Managing the configuration of PHY signal processing components
- Finding cells
- Collecting metrics on cells including power levels, and quality measures, and acting upon them.
- Scheduling receptions and distributing data received
- Scheduling transmissions, managing their timing and power
The succesful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE standards or related technology
- Degree level qualification in an engineering subject
- Embedded Real Time C/C++ development experienced, working closely with embedded hardware architectures
- Creative problem solver
- Familiarity with standard tools such as compilers, debuggers, specifically ARM based
- Experience with industry standard test equipment
Willingness to travel in UK and other counties as required
Excellent salary and benefits.