I am currently recruiting for a Product Owner with an exciting growing Health tech organisation.
This client produces cutting edge technological products linked to assessing human well-being.
As they add additional resources to their already impressive team, this offers a genuine chance to join at what is also for them, quite an exciting period of their life as a business.
As a PO you will work with a great agile team delivering web and mobile applications, ensuring that the team delivers as much business value as possible from the managed backlog. You will work with Product Management to understand the product roadmap and customer needs in order to populate the backlog with the agreed priority. You will also lead SW releases, feeding the status to the Product Release Manager.
What you will be doing
- Manage and prioritize the team backlog according to customer needs and customer value, which should ultimately deliver the maximum business performance.
- Decomposing product requirements into matured and estimated user stories that can be achieved in a single sprint. Quality user stories enable developers to implement the right functionality and schedule their work.
- Manage daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, sprint retrospectives and monitoring the progress of the sprint.
- Ensure the team is never blocked or without information regarding team backlog items leading up to and during sprints.
- Accept or reject user stories delivered by the team by validating that stories meet the acceptance criteria and that each story has appropriate acceptance test results.
- Be an ambassador for agile SW practices, finding the right agile recipe that meets the team and business needs
What you need to have
- BSc in engineering or sciences would be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of the Product Owner and Scrum Master roles, with a proven track record in delivering web and mobile app software products.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken and able to demonstrate the ability to write clear, well thought through and concise user stories.
- Ability to fully understand the customer value drivers relating to the team backlog.
- Deep understanding of the technical aspects of the project and ability to create clear team backlog items based on sometimes conflicting/unclear requirements.
- Strong analytical and innovative thinker with strong negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive working knowledge of agile methodology, including scrum, SAFe and XP. - Excellent communication and moderating skills across all business levels.
If this sounds like you, and you would like the chance to work with a fast-growing business on cutting edge products then please submit your application.