The purpose of the Project Analyst is to support multiple business units to prepare project and monitoring cost progression in active projects and analysing project profitability data to identify areas for improvement. Additionally, you will support the production of accurate revenue forecasts and prepare financial analysis.
- Using existing cost model templates prepare accurate costings for Bioanalysis projects, including labour and materials
- Provide initial ball park cost estimates based on standard assumptions
- Liaise with the customer, the project manager and the method development team to ensure the scope of the project is fully understood
- Refine initial cost estimates once further information becomes available to support the final cost proposal
- Analyse project profitability data for completed projects and use the information to refine cost assumptions in the cost model templates
- Support Business Development in ensuring the generation and approval of costings are completed according to the required timelines for proposal generation
- Perform a regular review of active projects to identify any that are deviating from the cost assumptions built into the project budget. Take action to identify out-of-scope costs and work with BD to raise them with the customer. Proactive monitoring of income and expenditure for each project.
- Support project managers to ensure resource allocation is aligned with project budgets. Work with them to develop their understanding of the financial aspects of project management.
- Help project managers to maintain accurate project forecasts, and to schedule project work appropriately in order to meet monthly revenue targets
- Support operational managers and the Finance team by undertaking analysis of financial data as requested