Project Manager - Fintech / IT
We are working with a rapidly growing Fintech organisation based in the heart of London who are looking for a strong Project Manager. Their innovative SaaS product has helped numerous banks and organisations save cash. Due to their continued growth and success they are looking for someone to join their very successful Project Management team. Within this role there is scope for progression and development to Senior Project Manager and then Programme Manager.
A bit about the role:
This Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery of internal and external projects mainly driven by new client acquisition.
- Fully responsible for the management and delivery of new client driven projects following commercial wins (acting as the key external client-facing liaison from the engagement sales process through to the Go-Live transition)
- Formation of Project Teams, running internal & client steering and project meetings
- Proactively communicate and/or escalate client/project delivery concerns to drive issues to resolution, including project prioritisation and resource management, ensuring successful end-to-end project deliveries
- Monitor closely all projects to give guidance on risks, issues and escalate if required
- Provide governance and reporting for projects including management of budget and resources
- Ensure standard project management processes, technics, documents & tools are used across the projects and business
- Maintenance of plans (internal & external), Risks/Issue Logs, Minutes, Actions, etc.
- Build close working relationships with the Technology, Origination, Product & Structuring teams to ensure common understanding of cross-functional projects, automation opportunities, and efficiency blockers
- Proven client-facing project management skills to influence and impact both internal & external stakeholders, while meeting client deadlines
- Ability to quickly switch between different issues or projects with conflicting priorities
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally within a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Previous experience with Software delivery methodologies - both Waterfall & Agile
- Experience on a variety of different software and/or financial product delivery projects with a good understanding of the delivery lifecycle including Initiation, Analysis, Development, SIT, UAT through to post-implementation support, a plus
- Good understanding of integration between multiple systems (ERPs, Payment systems, back office, middleware, etc.)
- Project Management Qualifications (e.g. MSP, PMP, Prince2, etc.)
- Process Improvement/Efficiency Qualifications (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN, etc.)
- Able to convert requirements, critical path analysis or process challenges into solutions (enhancements, simplification, customisations, process redesigns, etc.), deep-diving into issues whilst keeping an eye on the big picture