My client is looking for an experienced Regional General Manager to oversee and manage the logistics operations for six sites based in the UK.
The role is highly strategic, and the right candidate will be responsible for planning, strategising, and executing the logistics strategy and initiatives that will enable us to meet our business objectives while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Global FMCG business with over 20 sites in the UK.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies and initiatives to achieve business objectives, this involves cost management, operations development and continuous improvement as well ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the operations of the six sites meet and exceed key performance indicators for delivery, product quality and service.
- The network of sites span across the Midlands and South.
- Plan and execute logistics operations across the region to meet delivery performance objectives and customer satisfaction, whilst maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Set financial targets for revenue and profitability, and ensure that expenses are managed effectively.
- Optimize distribution and transportation networks to maximise quality, speed and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage and develop a team of managers and staff, providing guidance, leadership and training to ensure that the team is highly skilled, motivated and delivering a high standard of service.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant industry regulations and company policies.
- Must have previous experience of managing multi-site operations within FMCG, Retail or 3PL
- P&L responsibility of over £30m
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to manage teams across different offices and locations
- Experience in developing and implementing logistics strategies that delivered cost savings and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience in managing budgets and delivering financial targets
- An understanding of industry regulations and compliance requirements
- A degree in logistics or supply chain management, or relevant experience in a related field is desirable
£90,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.