Senior Data Scientist
We are currently partnering with a fast growing Consultancy organisation who are looking to grow their Digital Transformation division with a Senior Data Scientist.
In this role you will be exposed to various data sources and datasets from their main clients who work across a multitude of industries including Financial Services, Mining, Tech, Manufacturing, Automotive to name a few.
You will be responsible in identifying/analysing client's processes and data to establish data models, algorithms and visualisations that will positively transform business operations. Not only will this role directly contribute to their clients deliverables but will also have the opportunity to see the process through from solution design to deployment, working in close collaboration with our wider team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts.
- Evaluate client's business needs, objectives, existing systems, data flows, and design state-of-the-art data science solutions in order to meet clients' needs
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Train and deploy machine learning models (feature engineering, model building, monitor and interpret model accuracy statistics)
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Build processes for extracting, cleaning and transforming data (and extend clients' data with external sources of information)
- Mine data for insights (using Python + Jupyter notebooks)
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies
- Present insights and predictions in live dashboards (using Tableau / PowerBI)
- Suggest new and relevant KPIs to track
- Quantify ROI and commercial impact of the AI use cases
- Present findings to clients through presentations with well documented codes and technical/non-technical solution summaries that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Adopt modern data science best-practice (e.g. Git / Docker / cloud deployment) in productionizing models
- Market research of latest Data Science solutions and techniques - communicating its impact to clients and advising upon the potential introduction of solutions
- Experiment with new ML/DL libraries, models and techniques
- Identify opportunities for external data acquisition
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Assist consultants with project roadmaps/proposals, selection of tech partners, and PoC preparations
- Bachelors/Masters in a STEM subject
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or in a similar role
- Experience providing AI Consultation to multiple industry sectors
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python and Java)
- Experienced in applying a range of machine learning, deep learning, statistical techniques (e.g. XGBoost, regression, decision trees), and willingness to learn new techniques
- Experience with SQL database and ETL tools (SSIS, Airflow, etc)
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Excellent communication skill - Ability to relay insights and explain complex projects in layman's terms