Job Title: Senior Java Developer
EA First are currently working with an innovative, fast growing Fintech organisation in London who are looking to grow their Development team with a Senior Java Developer.
Their SaaS software is one of a kind and highly regarded in the industry.
In this role you can expect to work alongside intelligent, hard working individuals and a VP of Engineering who has won numerous awards for their leadership style.
Yo must have circa 5 years experience as a Software Devloper ideally with Java technologies.
- Work as part of the development team to deliver features from the product backlog
- Work on main Platform project involving the implementation of new and existing sub-systems, solutions and processes
- Delivering code to the highest standards through the use of TDD and BDD techniques and the creation of unit testsnical solution from design through to code level
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Provide estimates to the Tech Lead to allow accurate planning of sprints and the product roadmaps
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Technology Project Manager to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development practices
- Translate User Stories into working software
- Mentor developers
- Collaborate with Business Analyst, Product Owner, Team Lead to deliver solutions that solve our clients' needs
- Help in the architecture design of new products
- Conduct code reviews
- Help with removing bugs and defects
Hard Skills: Java, Spring boot, Hibernate (or other ORM frameworks), SQL, REST API, Camel, Mockito - Junit (or other testing framework), Test Driven Development, Git, Tomcat, Maven, Microservice architecture, Jenkins
Soft Skills: Able to work closely with BA - Product Owners to refine user stories and requirements, Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle, mentor junior developers, work independently and proactively (looking for details and answers, not just waiting patiently for a reply), comfortable raising challenges and proposing software improvements.