Are you an Audit Manager looking to make your first move into industry but are finding that your competition may already have a few years industry experience?
If so, this opportunity could pave an exciting route out of practice, with the added benefit of gaining exposure in a commercial Finance role.
This organisation is proving an sought after place to work. They are currently going through a significant period of growth and transformation, thus now is a great time to join and be a part of this exciting journey.
As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will have full responsibility for all aspects of the accounting, including monthly management accounts, the control environment and monthly variance analysis and reporting for your division - with responsibilities for specific companies in the Group.
You will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing team, focused on high standard outputs, continuous improvement and a 'can do' attitude, this includes management of the Accountant, Assistant Accountant, and other temporary resources when applicable.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ownership of weekly KPIs and Monthly Management Accountants
- Reviewing weekly KPI reporting, working with the team to highlight variances and resolve issues
- Review of month and end of year reconciliations and reporting
- Act as first point of contact for tax queries (Corp Tax/VAT), collating relevant information to enable a prompt response to be made
- Leading on external audit requirements.
- Ensuring full balance sheet control and reviews undertaken.
- Provide timely, relevant, and insightful analysis to the business teams in the commercial and operational functions that assists them in making their decisions, working collaboratively with key business partners.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Support in the completion of budgets, forecasts, and business plans in conjunction with business unit leads to ensure they accurately reflect the expected performance of the business and are presented in a clear and concise manner.
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified accountant with experience working in a fast paced, demonstrable record of financial reporting.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with the wider finance community, key business stakeholders and other business partners.
- Be able to create and role model a culture of high standards, continuous improvement, and a strong control environment. Coach and develop the team to the develop further in respective roles and to develop talent for future internal progression.
What's on offer:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working
- Career progression
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please call Lauren Ramsey on 01223