This is a Senior Java Developer opportunity based in London working across two platforms in an Agile environment. Looking for a proven team player who can also take ownership, show initiative and be self-motivated to drive projects to successful delivery.
Additionally, the successful candidate should be proactive in keeping up to date with the latest development techniques and methodologies and would be eager to share that knowledge with the wider technology community.
Fantastic FinTech company based in the heart of London, who have witnessed unrivalled growth within their specialism. Now recognised as a great employer with a proven track record of developing careers.
The Senior Java Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as part of the development team to deliver features from the product backlog
- Work on main platform project involving the implementation of new and existing sub-systems, solutions and processes
- Delivering code to the highest standards through the use of TDD and BDD techniques and the creation of unit tests
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Contribute to the continuous integration and delivery of the products
- Provide estimates to the Development Lead to allow accurate planning of sprints and the product roadmaps
- Follow the company coding standards and practices
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development practices
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies, especially Agile
- Experience in developing distributed systems in microservice architecture
- Experience in the development of software within Java ecosystem
- Experience in using Scala or willingness to learn if required
- Experience in using relational databases (MySQL) and non-relational datastores (Elasticsearch, parquet files)
- A good understanding of web application frameworks and techniques (Spring, Angular, REST)
- Awareness of the OWASP top ten and other security considerations for web applications
- Understanding and exposure to JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory
- Experience with working in continuous integration environment (preferably with Jenkins)
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Comfortable working without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Ability and willingness to understand business requirements and being able to translate it to the technical implementation
Salary depending on experience:
£50,000 - £80,000
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.