We are looking for a Senior software engineer to work in the AI team handling software development work in support of research projects. The software will cover the whole gamut from one-off data management scripts, reliable back-end services (including wrapped machine learning models), to simple native and web-based front ends. You'll get to work with data pipelines, help productionise machine learning models, and build cutting-edge solutions to solve real world problems
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the UK's largest and most trusted providers of digital mental healthcare?
The work this organisation do already changes lives every single day. But our mental healthcare revolution is just getting started. They arebuilding the next generation in digital mental health interventions and plan to use them to positively impact 100 million lives over the next 5 years.
With a 140-strong team and a health and wellbeing package to support you each and every day, plus plenty of opportunity for growth and development as we all strive to achieve our collective ambition.
- Solve full-stack software engineering problems to facilitate the execution of research projects
- Work with scientists to produce software solutions based on statistical models
- Design and implement software infrastructure required for the development and deployment of research-based software solutions
- Instill good engineering practices, whilst able to work with scientists who may be less rigorous. Have the wisdom to recognise which situations require rigor, and which do not.
- Mentor other research engineers
- Help scientists, who may be less technically skilled, by providing technical advice and support to achieve their research goals
- Support the team's focus on quality of care, good ethics, and respect for data security and protection of privacy.
- Exhibit the behaviours expected within our organisation, and support others in doing the same.
Ths role would require you to have the following skills
- Agile thinker, able to work with underspecified requirements?
- An interest in working within a research environment?
- Proven ability to mentor and support others?
- An interest in working with data, understanding AI, and machine learning?
- Knowledge of continuous delivery tools and practices
- Experience with a major cloud provider
- Experience with at least one of Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience working in a production ML environment
- Experience delivering software in a research environment
- Experience delivering software in a regulated environment
- Experience with MS Azure
If you would like to work for an organisation that can a make real difference to people lives then please apply to find out further information.