We are recruiting for a Shipping & Materials Handler working full time hours, based in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
The Shipping & Materials Handler is responsible for the accurate packing and processing of paperwork for finished goods and to complete all shipping transactions for same day shipment.
In this varied job, duties include:-
- Processing paperwork for outgoing shipments
- Picking of items for shipping
- Printing of delivery notes
- Carrying out daily cycle counts
- Ensuring a consistent flow of products in priority order
- Complete courier bookings
- Using reports to determine the correct shipping location
- Maintain on time deliveries to UK customers via daily transit shipments
- Ensure the safe handling of products
- Packing finished goods in line with SOPs
- Box cutting
- Labelling and manual handling of boxes, crates and bags
- Maintaining a clean and tidy distribution area
Experience in a stores/logistics function, along with excellent attention to detail and good time management skills are required.
Experience in stock control, lean manufacturing or Axapta is desirable, but not essential.
7am-3.30pm Monday-Thursday and 7am-2pm Fridays
Contributed Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Childcare vouchers, Group Income Protection and more.