I am currently working with our long standing clients to help recruit a Software Application Engineer to join the team.
This client is based in Ely and are specialist in manufacturing photonics lab equipment. They have been estblished for over 30 years becoming one of the leaders in the industry.
As Software Applications Engineer, you will be representing Thorlabs to our global customers supporting them with software application and integration. You will work closely alongside our internal support teams who will look to you for guidance, knowledge sharing and problem resolution. Working within the Technical Support team, this is a role where new ideas, continuous improvement, feedback, and collaborative working are all encouraged and supported. This uniquely designed role combines software support, application development and product testing. Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with local Engineering and global Technical Support teams to provide front-line support, via phone and email, to global customers in Academic, Government and Commercial sectors.
- Support customers & fellow team members with the use of our automated motion control software packages. Kinesis (.NET Framework) & APT (Active X Framwork)
- Aid in the integration of all Thorlabs software & hardware into customers third-party development environments, such as LabVIEW, Python, C#, MATLAB, C++, VB.NET.
- Support the global Sales teams by providing software support and development services to win key opportunities.
- Feedback customer requirements for our software and firmware to the Software Development teams.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by quickly and effectively solving customer issues.
- Assist with the development of new and existing products by providing feedback on concepts from a customer's perspective as well as testing and reporting performance and non-conformance
- Share information, knowledge and resources to assist with training and development for other team members
- Actively push for high achieving KPI results and contribution to the teams goals and objectives
- Contribute to product demo builds for tradeshows and replication of customer set ups for advanced troubleshooting and training
- Occasionally required to attend domestic and international tradeshows as well as participate in customer visits.
Required Knowledge & Skills
* Experience with integration of APIs into third-party applications.
* Competency with LabVIEW, Python, C#, MATLAB, C++, VB.NET.
* Ability to communicate complex technical information in an easy to understand and clear way
Skills and Capabilities Developed in this Role
* In-depth understanding of customer applications and research focuses within the Photonics and Life Science disciplines
* Troubleshooting and finding root causes and solutions for technical problems
* Understanding Production and Engineering processes in order to adequately provide customised products
* Contribution towards pre-release NPI product testing to ensure smooth support post-release
If you feel this role would would suit your skill set then please apply to find out more details.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.