An exciting opportunity is available for a Strategic Purchasing Manager to join a manufacturing business based in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
The Strategic Purchasing Manager will lead and set the strategy for purchasing operations, closely collaborating with planning and manufacturing to ensure OTD and competitive costing.
As part of the commitment to driving continuous process improvement to support their LEAN transformation journey, this is a key role in developing the team and driving positive and collaborative change.
With a combination of purchasing and leadership responsibilities, the role will include:
- Maintain current knowledge of global market trends to manage supply chain strategies on commodity purchasing of raw materials
- Conduct long term planning based on market trends to identify opportunities to reduce costs and stock commitments
- Develop purchasing strategies
- Manage and maintain accurate component level standard costing in the ERP/MRP system
- Actively monitor the gross margin effect of component price changes to top level products
- Foster close and collaborative supplier relationships
- Ensure consistent cover of all essential functions within the department
- Identify and lead process improvement activities
- Develop and implement initiatives to maximum use of the ERP/MRP capabilities and tools
- Collaborate with vendors and the Quality Assurance team to ensure current and accurate product compliance data at all times
- Implement and maintain a tiered reporting system
- Ensure performance appraisals are carried out effectively along with any training requirements along with other HR related processes
Skills and experience required include:
- Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing business
- Strong experience in leadership and management
- Ability to lead change through development and application of key influencing skills
- An appreciation of LEAN manufacturing, quality improvement and associated people strategies required to drive and sustain change
- An in depth understanding of ERP/MRP data systems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to train, mentor and present new ideas
- Experienced in troubleshooting and finding root causes and solutions for technical problems
- Must be organised and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Willing to travel and support the purchasing team on vendor visits
Contributed Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Group Income Protection and more.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.