I am supporting a sought after national Accountancy Firm in their search for a Technical Compliance Director to join their vibrant Cambridge office.
This rare opportunity will suit an Audit Manager looking to step out of external Audit into a more internal Technical role - strong career prospects on offer!
Our client, a prominent accountancy practice in Cambridge, serves a diverse clientele across a wide array of industries and turnovers.
They cater not only to sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies but also handle a significant number of larger enterprises, including OMBs, SMEs, charities, non-profits, and corporate groups.
With a growing team of chartered accountants, this firm offers excellent prospects for career advancement, along with a flexible work environment that includes a mix of home and office-based work, flexible hours, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shaping and leading compliance and risk management efforts within the firm, as this role is a new addition.
- Providing technical support to client-facing partners and managers on various issues, encompassing financial reporting, audit-related matters, anti-money laundering, ethical requirements, and conflict of interest considerations.
- Facilitating effective communication on compliance matters throughout the organisation.
- Conducting comprehensive file reviews across current and future offices, covering both audit and non-audit assignments.
- Serving as a primary contact for compliance-related matters with the ICAEW while supporting the Audit Compliance Partner and Practice Assurance Partner.
- Reviewing existing practices, suggesting improvements, and implementing agreed-upon recommendations.
- Completing ICAEW Annual Returns for regulated entities within the firm and any newly acquired firms.
- Evaluating current policies and procedures, recommending improvements, and ensuring ongoing oversight.
- Managing training needs, including mandatory CPD requirements.
- Supporting compliance due diligence for the firm's future acquisitions and mergers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Relevant experience in a technical or compliance role within an accountancy practice.
- A passion for continuous learning and professional advancement.
Whats on offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Career progression.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote work options and varied working hours.
- Private health coverage for qualified staff and managers.
- Study support, including assistance with study expenses or support to commence studies at a later date.
- Payment of subscription fees, childcare voucher scheme, voluntary healthcare scheme, pension scheme with employer contributions, death in service benefit, and a commission scheme for client referrals and staff introductions.
This position presents a unique opportunity for a driven professional to play a significant role in shaping and ensuring compliance within a growing and dynamic accountancy practice.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.