We are currently partnering with a fast growing SaaS organisation based in the heart of London who are looking to add a Tech Lead to their team. The Team Lead, will work closely with VP of Engineering and CTO to define solutions, while serving change requests triggered from clients, leading development projects predominantly specialising in Java, MQ, REST APIs and SQL based technologies.
Your role will involve leading a high performing Development team who sit across an in-house team and offshore.
Being a Team Leader will require you to plan, review and coordinate development activities across the delivery lifecycle (Agile methodologies). This will require you to be capable of taking on lead software design and implementation best practices (Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Control policies, among others), therefore, be able to work independently with high attention to detail.
Moreover, involves coordinating full stack development as well as working directly with Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and developers. Whilst conducting code reviews, being able to write or understand a variety of code such as Java /MQ/Angular and SQL is essential to the role. Knowledge of continuous deployment is also necessary.
As a Team Leader, you will lead the frontier of your development project, whilst still offering guidance and assistance to your development team at code level.
- Managing the delivery of complex projects from design through to final project
- Understanding technical design, implementation and deployment of development projects
- Leading your project in writing MQ/SQL and Java code with the ability to remove bugs and defects
- Conducting in depth code reviews, giving effective feedback to your team
- Integration of internal system development projects.
- Translate User Stories into working software and have expertise on microservice architectural design
- Provide in depth progress updates to VP of Engineering and technology team, including any delivery risks or issues
- Investigate new technologies and continually update technical knowledge and skills
Degree in Computer Science/ software engineering or equivalent discipline would be ideal
- You will have at least 6 years of experience as full stack Developer in a leading position.
- Explicit experience in Java, MQ, Springboot, Docker, Kubernetes and Angular technologies with knowledge of relational database concept and SQL beyond simple queries.
- Have demonstrated competence in working under continuous deployment projects in a structured environment.
- Able to define delivery phases of the project including sub-activities and milestones, documented for progress upgrade reports to senior project managers.
- Experience in microservice architecture and software design.
- Able to lead a team well, giving instruction where necessary.
- Mentor junior developers with good coaching skills.
- Work independently and proactively