I am currently recruiting for a Tax Trainee Accountant to join the busy Private Client team within my clients Bury St Edmunds office. The ideal candidate will have A level standard qualifications or be a graduate, seeking to launch a career in Private Client tax work. Study support will be provided to undertake the ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) qualification. Alternatively the successful candidate may have recent experience of Private Client tax work within a UK accountancy practice environment, and be looking to commence (or continue with) study for the ATT qualification.
This position has a particular focus on developing personal tax skills and will involve preparation of self-assessment tax returns for individuals, Trusts and assistance with general tax compliance matters. The role will include interaction with both clients and HMRC.
There may be the opportunity for the right candidate to embark on the CTA qualification once the ATT qualification has been achieved.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Be looking to commence or continue with the ATT qualification.
- Will have a willingness to proactively study and develop tax-based skills.
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should possess a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with CCH software would be useful.
- Recent previous experience within a UK accountancy practice environment would be preferable, but is not essential.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with both clients and HMRC.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
- Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Will have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own transport, with the willingness to travel to assignments when necessary.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition.
They are offering an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. They have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff, in addition to providing the external training for the ATT qualification that is relevant to this role