My client is looking for a Transport Manager to join their team in Lancashire
My client is a leading international 3PL company.
As a Transport Manager based in Lancashire, you will have the follow key responsibilities;
- Supervise and lead a team of drivers and support staff.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate transportation personnel.
- Foster a positive and safe work environment.
Route Planning and Optimisation:
- Plan and optimise transportation routes to minimise costs and maximise efficiency.
- Monitor and adjust routes based on changing conditions, traffic, and customer demands.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and servicing of all vehicles.
- Oversee vehicle inspections, repairs, and compliance with safety regulations.
- Manage vehicle acquisition and disposal processes.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant transportation laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement safety protocols and training programs for drivers.
- Investigate and report accidents and incidents.
- Monitor transportation expenses and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers, carriers, and service providers.
- Manage fuel efficiency and cost control strategies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Address customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect and analyse transportation data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare regular reports on transportation performance and KPIs
- Implement eco-friendly transportation practices to reduce the environmental impact.
- Explore and implement alternative fuel and sustainable transportation options.
The successful candidate of the Transport Manager position based in Lancashire, will have the following skills and characteristics.
- Proven experience in transportation management.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation regulations and compliance.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in transportation management software and tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Valid [appropriate] driver's license.
- CPC preferable
Monday - Friday
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.