My client is looking for a proven and experienced Transport Manager based in Lincolnshire
My client is a leading 3PL Provider
The key responsibilities for the Transport Manager based in Lincolnshire are including but not limited to the following.
- Provide strong leadership and effective management to the transport team and drivers.
- Stay abreast of industry regulations, transportation laws, and environmental standards to ensure full compliance within transportation operations.
- Oversee and coordinate all transport activities, emphasising timely deliveries and efficient route planning.
- Negotiate contracts and cultivate strong relationships to ensure the provision of reliable and high-quality transport services.
- Produce weekly reports on utilisation and revenue, demonstrating a strong ability to drive the division forward.
- Manage the maintenance of a fleet consisting of 20 trucks and trailers, optimising cost efficiency's.
- Support the company's commitment to sustainability by driving the implementation of additional green technologies and reducing the carbon footprint associated with transport operations.
- Oversee sustainable transport practices with the goal of minimising the environmental impact of the company's transportation activities.
The successful candidate of the Transport Manager position based in Lincolnshire will have the following experience, skills and characteristics.
- Demonstrated success in planning and managing a fleet of vehicles, including overseeing the planning team and the ability to step in for planners as needed.
- Strong leadership skills with the capacity to guide and inspire teams.
- Excellent communication skills, effective at all organisational levels.
- In-depth understanding of legal requirements, including driver's hours and Working Time Directive (WTD).
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure in a time-sensitive environment.
- Analytic skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in computer use and technology applications relevant to the role.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible in approach.
£40,000 + Benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.