My client is a leading 3PL Provider based in Crick.
The role of the Transport Planner is to support the business by organizing routes and overseeing drivers to ensure the secure and effective transportation of shipments.
Leading 3PL provider
As a Transport Planner, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient collection and delivery of loads for the business. Your primary responsibility will be to plan routes and manage drivers to guarantee safe and timely transportation of goods. You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including operations teams, drivers, and customers, to optimize logistical operations and enhance overall customer satisfaction.
- Route Planning: Develop optimal transportation routes considering factors such as distance, traffic conditions, load requirements, and delivery deadlines.
- Driver Management: Assign drivers to appropriate routes, considering their availability, skills, and compliance with legal regulations.
- Load Coordination: Coordinate the efficient collection and delivery of loads, ensuring timely pickups, accurate documentation, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Schedule Optimization: Optimize driver schedules and load assignments to maximize resource utilization and minimize costs.
- Compliance Monitoring: Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies related to transportation, including driver hours of service, vehicle maintenance, and safety standards.
- Communication and Coordination: Maintain regular communication with drivers, operations teams, and customers to provide updates on delivery status, resolve any issues, and address customer inquiries or concerns.
The ideal candidate for the Transport Planner position should have proven experience in transport planning or logistics coordination, preferably in a fast-paced environment. You should possess in-depth knowledge of transportation regulations, industry best practices, and route optimization techniques.
Additionally, familiarity with transportation management systems (TMS) and other relevant software applications is required. The candidate should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for effective collaboration with drivers, operations teams, and customers.
Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills are necessary to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The candidate should thrive in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment, displaying flexibility to adapt to changing business needs. Finally, possessing a valid driver's license and maintaining a clean driving record is mandatory.
£25,000 - £30,000 plus benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.