Do you want to work for a business with climate change risk at the heart of what they do? A business who are working with some the most prominent organisations, who can make a difference and show a real interest in the impact of climate change?
Then look no further, Qubit Careers are excited to have partnered exclusively with a growing start-up, that has spun out of the University of Cambridge.
This organisation is looking to recruit a VP of Engineering to join the team on a mission to help confront climate change, one of the largest threats facing our planet.
After successfully receiving their series A funding, this company is now looking to expand, and double the size of their business over next 12-18 months.
They are developing a unique modelling and analytics platform to help international firms assess their risks and prospects presented by rising temperatures, Climate related policy, and new technologies in the world.
As the VP of Engineering, you will lead a team of software engineers developing the SaaS product. You should be a good team leader and be able to build relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders. You should be a good communicator in a business environment as you will be interfacing with Board members, clients, and R&D partners. You will be expected to attend occasional board meetings and give presentations. If not already, you will develop links within the Cambridge tech networking community and encourage this throughout your team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the overall technical architecture
- Inspiring the team on a day-to-day basis
- Recruiting additional team members
- Developing methodologies and standards
- Establishing quality control frameworks
- Liaising with the team of climate and risk scientists to oversee transformation of models and datasets, from the R&D environment, into the production SaaS environment
The following technology stacks are currently employed.
- APIs: Django REST Framework with PostgreSQL configured as a relational database.
- Client facing product: Flask framework employing the Dash UX toolkit with PostgreSQL configured as a local hybrid relational/object store.
- At least 15 years' experience working in a software engineering environment including a verifiable track record of leading teams
- Good team management and planning skills with a commitment to delivery
- Software as a Service
- REST APIs
- Object-oriented programming
- Relational databases
- Cloud tech stacks
- Having worked with scientific datasets and modelling techniques
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with MVC/ORM with Django and/or Flask
- Past experience of software development outsourcing
- Experience of developing and leading rapidly growing teams
Hybrid working, strong salary and benefits on offer.
You must have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit restriction or sponsorship.
If you are a talented Head of Engineering interested in joining a very topical organisation, then please submit your application.