I am working on behalf of my client who is looking for a Warehouse and Distribution Planner to join their team based in the south of Kent.
My client is a family run International Haulage company offering Freight services for clients across the UK and Europe.
The key roles and responsibilities for the Warehouse and Distribution Planner based in Kent are as follows.
Route Planning and Optimisation:
- Develop and optimise transportation routes to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods across the UK and Europe.
- Utilise transportation management systems (TMS) and route optimisation software to minimise fuel consumption, reduce transportation costs, and improve delivery time lines.
- Consider factors such as traffic conditions, border regulations, and customer preferences when planning routes.
- Coordinate and schedule the loading and unloading of goods to maximise the capacity of each vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicles are loaded safely and efficiently, taking into account weight restrictions and cargo specifications.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Stay up-to-date with European transport regulations, customs requirements, and border crossing procedures.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary transport documentation, including customs forms, permits, and driver records.
- Monitor the condition and maintenance schedules of the company's transport fleet.
- Work with maintenance teams to ensure that vehicles are in optimal operating condition, minimising downtime.
Communication and Coordination:
- Collaborate with drivers, dispatchers, and customer service teams to ensure smooth and timely delivery of goods.
- Maintain open communication with international partners and suppliers to coordinate cross-border transportation.
- Address and resolve any transportation-related issues or delays promptly.
- Proactively identify potential problems and implement solutions to avoid disruptions.
The ideal candidate for the Warehouse and Distribution Planner based in Kent would have the following skill set and characteristics.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, transportation management, or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience in transport planning and logistics, particularly in a European context.
- Familiarity with European transportation regulations and customs procedures.
- Proficiency in using transportation management systems and route optimisation software.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of European languages may be a plus.
Company Perks and Discounts
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.