The vacany position is for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager based in Cumbria, working for a well-established international company that specialises in providing high-quality nutritional products and supplements. Their award winning products are known for their premium ingredients, rigorous quality control, and commitment to scientific research.
My client is a well-established company based in Cumbria that specialises in providing high-quality nutritional products and supplements. Their award winning products are known for their premium ingredients, rigorous quality control, and commitment to scientific research.
The Warehouse and Logistics Manager oversees all import/export activities, managing the entire order cycle, including logistics, warehousing, transportation, and customer services. They will also play a key role in recruitment, training, and development of supply chain employees.
Warehouse Operations Management:
- Develop and implement warehouse policies and procedures to optimise efficiency, safety, and productivity.
- Supervise and train warehouse staff, assigning tasks and responsibilities to ensure smooth operations.
- Oversee receiving, storing, and distributing of goods while maintaining accurate inventory records.
- Monitor and control inventory levels to meet demand and minimise stock-outs and excess stock situations.
- Implement best practices for warehouse organisation, layout, and material handling.
Logistics Planning and Optimisation:
- Plan and coordinate the transportation of goods, both inbound and outbound, to meet delivery schedules.
- Collaborate with transportation providers, negotiate contracts, and monitor performance to ensure timely and cost-effective deliveries.
- Optimise routing and scheduling of deliveries to maximise efficiency and reduce transportation costs.
- Track and analyse logistics performance metrics, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
- Implement inventory management strategies to optimise stock levels and minimise carrying costs.
- Conduct regular stock audits and cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Coordinate with the procurement team to ensure an adequate supply of materials while avoiding excess stock.
Safety and Compliance:
- Enforce strict adherence to safety guidelines and regulations within the warehouse.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Conduct regular safety training sessions for warehouse personnel.
Performance and Budget Management:
- Set performance targets for the warehouse and logistics team, monitoring progress and providing feedback.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget, seeking cost-saving opportunities while maintaining service levels.
- Analyse operational costs and identify areas for efficiency improvements.
- Continuously assess warehouse and logistics processes, seeking opportunities for streamlining and enhancing efficiency.
- Introduce and implement innovative technologies and systems to improve warehouse and logistics operations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
The ideal candidate for the Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Cumbria will look as follows;
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in warehouse management, logistics, or supply chain roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or a related field.
- Experience within food (dairy) manufacturing and distribution
- Strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to motivate and develop employees.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse operations, inventory management, and logistics principles.
- Familiarity with logistics software and inventory management systems.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills to interact with suppliers, transportation providers, and internal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
£40,000 - £50,000
Fantastic progression opportunities
Monday to Friday (No Weekends)
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.