Due to continued growth my client is looking to bring a skilled and experienced Warehouse Planning Manager to their team based in Staffordshire.
My client is a leading retailer who is looking for a Warehouse Planning Manager to join their team in Staffordshire.
The key responsibilities link to the Warehouse Planning Manager are including but no limited to the following.
As the Warehouse Planning Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse planning and optimisation. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient inventory management, timely order fulfilment, and seamless distribution of products/services. Your strategic planning skills will be instrumental in enhancing operational efficiency and maximising cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to optimise warehouse layout, storage capacity, and material flow.
- Analyse inventory levels and demand forecasts to ensure optimal stock levels and minimise stock-outs or overstock situations.
- Collaborate with procurement and logistics teams to coordinate inbound and outbound shipments, ensuring timely delivery of materials and products/services.
- Implement inventory control measures, including cycle counting, stock rotation, and reconciliation, to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Utilise warehouse management systems (WMS) and other software tools to track inventory movements, monitor performance metrics, and generate reports.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to streamline warehouse processes, reduce operating costs, and enhance productivity.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, and implement best practices to maintain a safe working environment.
- Supervise and train warehouse staff, providing guidance and support to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
The successful candidate of the Warehouse Planning Manager based in Staffordshire will have the following experience, skills and characteristics.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field. (Desirable)
- Proven experience in warehouse management, inventory control, or logistics planning, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong analytic skills and proficiency in data analysis tools and software.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities, with the capacity to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments and influence decision-making processes.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems (WMS) and familiarity with relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team.
£55,000 - £65,000
Employee Discount - 25%
Pension company contribution
33 Days Holiday
Private Medical Care
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.