My client are a leading Manufacturing business based in Leicester.
My client are a leading Manufacturing business based in Leicester who are on the search for 3 x Warehouse Shift Manager to work on a 4 on / 4 off basis on days. Hours of work are 6am to 6pm.
The business are experiencing significant growth and the plan for this management team is to develop them into Operations Managers within a 6-9 month period.
Key Responsibilities for the role of Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Providing leadership and direction for Supervisors, Team Leaders and teams of up to 30 warehouse operatives
- Ensuring that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Ensuring appropriate resources are available to meet planned activity levels
- Investigating and communicating issues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the on site training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensure a safe workplace
- Communicating opportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities
The successful Warehouse Shift Manager will have the following experience:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics management experience
- Keen to progress into an Operations Manager within a 6m - 9m time frame
- Have managed in excess of 30+ staff previously
- Experience within an 3PL or FMCG environment - Advantageous
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies
- Experience on managing large teams
- Have a proven track record of achieving in fast paced, high pressured operations.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be commercially minded and results driven
- Be able to work a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern on days, hours of work are 6am - 6pm
- Be based local to Leicester.
£30,000 + benefits.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and progress into an Operations Manager role within a short time frame.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.